Here's some handy advice to the ladies
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans. If a robber asks for
your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from
you....chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse
than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail
lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The
driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating,
working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.
DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect
opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head,
and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side
floor, and in the back seat.
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger
door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their
vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle and the
passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you
may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to
walk you back out.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible
places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN!
The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even
then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig-zag
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. It may get you
raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well-educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He
walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle
or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
************* Here it is *******
9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying
baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because
it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you
do, DO NOT open the door."
The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window,
and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The
policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT
open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry
recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone
dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several
calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when
they're home alone at night.
The Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted on 4/9/2004 when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.